Energy Conservation Tips
For Your Whole Home
- CFL (Compact Fluorescent Lamps) bulbs last approximately 10x longer than traditional, incandescent bulbs and can use as little as 25% of the energy of the traditional bulbs.
- LED lights can last up to 25x longer and use only 20% of the energy of incandescent bulbs.
- Using timers and photocells can save electricity by turning lights off a designated times each day/night, and can insure safety so that you don’t come home to a dark driveway or home.
- During the day, keep blinds & curtains open to take advantage of the natural lighting instead of turning on the lights.
- Use a programmable thermostat to control both your heat and air conditioning.
- Turn off any home office equipment when it is not in use.
- Unplug appliances that are not in use.
- Insure that lights are not left on in infrequently used areas of your house such as the basement, closets, pantries, etc. by installing occupancy sensors or motion sensors.
Note: This chart came from the Lutron website.